Monday, July 18, 2016

Day 1- Isabelle Darragh

This year for mission trip we headed to New Jersey, which took us a wonderful 12 hours.  We are here to help families who were affected by Super Storm Sandy, Which hit New Jersey almost 4 years ago. I was surprised to find out how many families were still out of their home even 4 years after. We are working with JSU (Jersey Shore United) to help Michelle and her daughter Summer.  Michelle has had a lot of hardship in her life.  She has not only has been out of her home for 4 years she has also lost the 3 most important man in her life within a few years her husband, brother, and father. I started my day out by sanding the wall. I also painted, moved boxes and spackled the drywall. Overall today was a fun hot day. I’m looking forward to finish up the house and getting to know all the new people on mission trip this year. 

-Isabelle Darragh


No comments:

Post a Comment