Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Day 2 - Matthew Fuller

Today was the second day of working on Michelle and Summer's house.  I love the houses and the views, but I can imagine how terrifying a hurricane would be if it ripped through an area like this.  I worked on framing windows and doors today, which involved a lot of measuring and cutting wood.  I was also useful when painting ceilings because I don't need a ladder to reach.  I also got to meet Barry, the leader of Jersey Shore United.  He has a great story and was really interested in getting to know me.  We also met a family today who's house had previously been worked on and who now help other houses rebuild from the hurricane.  I enjoy being able to get closer to my peers, but the greatest benefit I have received from this trip is the ability to get closer to God.  Though I didn't know I needed it, my faith has grown exponentially over the past two days and I am very thankful for that.  Lastly, I'd like to thank the congregation for their continued support of the youth, the difference we have made is significant and I am so thankful for this experience.

- Matthew Fuller

No comments:

Post a Comment