Thursday, July 21, 2016

Day 4 - Sarah Poulos


I want to start off by saying that this week has been such a blessing.  Monday and Tuesday we worked at Michelle and Summer’s house, while on Wednesday we worked on Donna’s house. After moving 190,000 pounds of dirt, we took a day to go to the beach and the boardwalk. I ended up touring the Jersey Shore house, which was really cool.  When I woke up this morning I couldn’t believe it was already Thursday. We headed back to Michelle and Summer’s house and worked until Michelle told her Hurricane Sandy story at lunch. I couldn’t believe how much she had gone through and how much God had stuck by her side.  After we were done working we headed back to the church and got ready for our dinner. Michelle ended up telling the story of her husband, which impacted me in the biggest way possible. She told us that her husband stopped believing in God and that instead of God, he wanted to take credit for all the things he had accomplished.  She told us that he ended up getting cancer and that one day he ended up in a coma.  The doctors said it was time to pull the plug. He ended up waking up and telling everyone, “Jesus was here, it’s all real. Jesus is coming! He’s coming soon.” I have never been so moved in my entire life. Wow was all I could say. God is good. God is hope, and  God’s hope is what we need to have each and every day.

-Sarah Poulos



No comments:

Post a Comment