Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Day 2 - Misong Byun

Day two into the mission trip and all I've done is paint and put in drywall.  It sounded like something fun to do at first but five minutes in I recognized all the hard work that went into it.  On the brighter side, I've met so many people.  I had a very good conversation with another volunteer, Bell.  I got to learn so much about her and all the twists and turns that took place in her life.   Bell, her husband, and their three children lived in New Jersey before Hurricane Sandy hit.  It has been four years since Sandy and they just recently moved back into their home in October.   They've been living in a RV in their driveway because they were not legally allowed to move back into their home.  Just a few months before Sandy hit, a fire overwhelmed their home.  Could you imagine, your house being eaten by a fire, then using all your resources to fix it, only to have it destroyed all over again by Mother Nature herself.  Bell and her family held onto the faith that God had a plan for them and for that I give them props.  I hope one day to hold onto faith and hope like Bell and her family did.

-Misong Byun

No comments:

Post a Comment