Monday, July 18, 2016

Day 1 - Trenton Ward


Today we were helping a family repair their house that was devastated in hurricane sandy years ago and is still not repaired.  Our group is starting in the home stretch but there is still a ton of work to do.  This work includes filling the holes and sanding the walls in a second floor utility room.  I’m not quite sure what happened in the room, but judging from all the holes and divits in the walls the hurricane must have started in that very room.  All the walls had to be smooth so that the paint can go on and look clean.  I was tasked to sanding the ceiling at first I tried to use the long sanding stick and it was a pain.  My arms were awkwardly positioned.  After about the eighth stroke I realized that I was tall enough to reach the ceiling easily and just use the hand sander.  I ended up sanding the rest of the ceiling.  This made me realize that God gave and continues to give us all different gifts and we can each use our personal gifts to help others in our own way.

-Trenton Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment